Thursday, December 17, 2009

spotlight on my teaching

After several years of teaching English I begin to suspect that certain factors hindered some of my adult students who finally gave up, since they could not cope with the numerous roles they faced every day such as being a parent, an employee, a sucessful professional, etc. It seemed to fall into lack of accessibility or lack of effectiveness.

A month ago, I came across this course which is offering endless instructional tools for learning and teaching by using the internet and service connections.

My goal for the next few months is to start this process of learning the technology required to create an online course and update my teaching. However, it is hard for me and I will have to work a lot in order to discover, assume and learn all this stuff I was never used to; sometimes I feel like a baby learning to walk and falling down on every step I try, then I stand up--I am not alone--I just HOPE I will finally manage to understand and get familiar with this new "technological" way of teaching that will enable me accomplish this goal.

4 comments:

  1. Great post Pilar! I'm sure you'll end up mastering all the tools we need, you have the perseverance that is needed for that. We'll help each other along the way; and in the process, we'll learn how to help others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, as Cesar says, it is important to choose the tools you will need and focus on really mastering the possibilities they offer. I have no doubt that you will be very successful with this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are all together on the same shipi Pilar. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are not alone. We are all on the same boat trying to find meaningful activities using tecnology, Web 2.0 tools to engage our students and enhance their learning.

    I am sure we will be able to plan and develop those technology based activities for them. The more we get involved in using Web 2.0 the more possibilities we´ll find.

    ReplyDelete